Diver Installed Seals provide the option to close off a J-Tube with a pre-installed riser.
The Diver Seal is a split construction and is built around the riser subsea, prior to insertion into the J-Tube bellmouth, which normally requires manipulation of the riser for centralisation purposes.
Supergrip also cater for subsea j-tubes with extended bellmouths. The seal design is a modular construction typically supplied in two pre-assembled elements to reduce the installation time subsea.
Following insertion into the bellmouth, the diver seal is activated mechanically using subsea bolt torque equipment.
Pressure testing for a Diver Seal is conducted by the diver using a nitrogen test bottle, which is preset and verified during factory acceptance testing of the product.
• Riser sizes: 4”ns – 24”ns
• Bellmouth sizes: 6”ns – 48”ns
• Sealing pressure > 20 bar.g
• Design life: >50 years
• Fully assembled modules prior to installation
• Dual seal arrangement providing pressure testing capability
• All installation and activation equipment provided